Making a difference in the UB Law and legal community.
UB Law's graduates have distinguished themselves in a variety of endeavors – in law, in business, in government and public service. Each year, UB Law recognizes alumni who embody the spirit of the law school and who are making a difference and inspiring excellence in the legal community.
Nominations for this year's alumni awards are open. Please contact Jason Keller at email@example.com with questions.
Nominations are collected by the School of Law and selected by members of the UB Law Alumni Board. Selected honorees are informed of their nominations and selections, and their acceptance of the awards is then confirmed. After all honorees are confirmed, nominators are informed of their candidates' status.
Byron L. Warnken Alumni Award
The Byron L. Warnken Alumni Award honors a graduate who has enhanced the reputation of the School of Law and the legal profession by demonstrating excellence in their practice through high ethical standards, commitment to community service, and commitment to mentoring law students and fellow attorneys.
- 2019 - G. Adam Ruther, J.D. '07
- 2017 - Heidi L. Levine, J.D. '95
- 2016 - Virginia Rafalko Canter, B.A. '79, J.D. '81
Chosen by the Dean of the School of Law, the Dean's Award honors a graduate who has demonstrated extraordinary service, commitment, and dedication to the School of Law community.
- 2019 - Nathaniel C. "Niel" Fick, Jr., J.D. '75
- 2017 - James P. "Jim" Nolan, J.D. '74
- 2016 - Steven D. Silverman, J.D. '91
Distinguished Judicial AwardThe Distinguished Judicial Award honors a graduate has demonstrated extraordinary dedication to the improvement of the law, the legal system, and the administration of justice; is considered a role model in the legal community; and has provided outstanding service to the bench.
- 2019 - The Hon. Kendra Y. Ausby, J.D. '97
- 2017 - The Hon. Daniel M. Long, J.D. '74
Judge Robert Bell Award
This award honors a graduate who has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to public service and social justice during their legal career.
- 2019 - Susan K. Francis, J.D. '11
- 2016 - Master Hope Tipton
Rising Star Award
The Rising Star Award honors a graduate of the past five years who is already making significant leadership and service contributions to the School of Law and the legal community.
- 2019 - Lauren E. Lake, B.A. '13, J.D. '16
- 2017 - Katherine A. "Katie" Dorian, J.D. '13
- 2016 - Ebony M. Thompson, J.D. '13