Professionalism. Innovation. Passion for Service.
The Law Career Development Office is here to help you define your goals and achieve them.
We concentrate on providing:
- Career education on the wide range of available professional opportunities;
- Job search assistance including resume and cover letter preparation, mock interviews, and employer information;
- Programming on practice area exploration, professional development, informational interviewing and job search strategies, as well as resume and cover letter drafting;
- Externship programs that develop your skills and relationships in legal workplaces;
- Hiring programs and career fairs that connect you with law firms, public interest organizations and government agencies;
- A comprehensive online job board via Symplicity;
- Networking opportunities with alumni and employers; and
- Career planning resources.
Quick Job Search Links for Students
- View Current Jobs on Symplicity
- OSCAR (federal judicial clerkship hiring)
- Arizona Government Honors Handbook (federal legal hiring; email us for the password)
- Arizona Public Policy Handbook (email us for the password)
- USAJobs.gov (federal hiring)
- PSJD (public interest legal jobs)
- Martindale (directory of lawyers and law firms)
- Super Lawyers (directory of lawyers and law firms)
Quick Career Resources Links for Students
- Legal Externship Program Application
- Practice Area Guides
- Career Planning Handbook (as a Word document)
Quick Links for Employers
The University of Baltimore School of Law does not discriminate on the basis of age, handicap, gender (including identity and expression), sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, disability, political status, veteran status, or national origin. Accordingly, the services, assistance and facilities of the law school are available only to employers whose practices are consistent with this policy.