The University of Baltimore School of Law will announce when a fellowship position becomes available in the Clinic. This public interest fellowship program offers practicing attorneys exposure to law school clinical teaching.
This public interest fellowship program offers attorneys who are interested in pursuing a law school teaching career exposure to clinical law teaching.
In coordination with Clinic faculty, the Fellow’s duties would include:
• Supervising and teaching students in the Mediation Clinic for Families. Clinic students represent clients in mediation and act as mediators. In addition to supervision, the Fellow would develop new mediation opportunities for students and explore policy initiatives related to mediation and dispute resolution.
• Assisting in developing a new clinic on legal data and design. This new clinic will teach and supervise clinic students who will represent organizational clients and provide them with technological tools and data analysis that will assist in litigation, lobbying, law reform, and public education.
• Engaging in clinic classroom teaching in coordination with clinic faculty.
The Fellow will also have opportunities to engage in academic scholarship and to explore teaching as a long-term profession, and will join UBalt’s community of other law teachers and Fellows within our Clinical Program and the School of Law. The Fellow may also have an opportunity to work with students in other clinics.
This position is a full-time, year-round contractual appointment for up to three years.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• At least two years of experience as a practicing lawyer
• A strong academic record and/or other indicia of high performance ability
• A commitment to work for low income clients
• A strong interest in teaching
• Be a member of the Maryland Bar or willing to become certified as a clinic supervising attorney under the Maryland Rules
• Experience in mediation.
• Qualification as a Child Access Mediator in the Maryland Circuit Court.
• Willingness to learn new technologies.
• Familiarity with information design.
• Knowledge or willingness to learn the basics of Excel, SQL databases, and coding.
The position includes full benefits, including retirement plan, research support, and travel allowance.Salary: The current salary is $55,500. The position includes full benefits, including retirement annuities, research support, and travel allowance.
The University of Baltimore ("UB" or "University") does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices.
UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.