UB Law Alumni Board
The UB Law Alumni Board is the primary advisory board that works collaboratively with the School of Law to engage alumni in the life of the law school. The Board, along with the director of law alumni engagement, establish and implement the alumni relations program.
Board members are elected by the law alumni community and serve a two-year term and may be nominated and elected for a maximum of three terms. Board members serve on a minimum of one committee and attend both board and committee meetings on a regular basis. Board meetings occur four times per year.
Interested in joining the UB Law Alumni Board? Complete the alumni involvement form.
About the UB Law Alumni Board
The UB Law Alumni Board serves as an advisory body to the School of Law. The Board includes members of the law alumni community who have made a commitment to advance the mission of the law school and who work to engage alumni in support of their alma mater. The Board advises the law school on initiatives and activities designed to strengthen relationships with law alumni and encourage active involvement with the law school through events, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
The Board exists to:
- Encourage and maintain relationships between alumni and the School of Law
- Advise School of Law offices and departments on the needs and concerns of alumni
- Make recommendations and support programs that serve alumni
- Implement alumni programming that provides social and professional growth opportunities
- Promote, recognize, and cultivate leadership while encouraging alumni to support the School of Law both financially and through volunteer activities
Responsibilities and Duties
Board Member Expectations
Responsibilities of UB Law Alumni Board members include:
- Financial Contribution – Board members actively participate in strategies to secure philanthropic support for the School of Law and are required to make a personal best gift annually.
- Meetings – Board members attend regularly scheduled annual board meetings and committee meetings.
- Participation – Board members maintain a strong connection to the School of Law. This includes being present at School of Law events and participating in volunteer and philanthropic programs.
- Outreach to Alumni – Board members extend the reach of law school communication efforts by actively sharing information with their fellow alumni and encouraging their engagement and annual participation.
- Representative of the School of Law – Board members serve as advocates for the School of Law and as such, must appropriately act in a professional manner at all related functions and events.
- Committee Representation – Board members sit on at least one committee and actively assist the committee in meeting its goals.
How to Join
Current Board Members
President: Jasmine Pope, J.D. '18
Vice President: Lisa Sparks, J.D. '07
Secretary: Kenneth Goldsmith, J.D. '93
Development Chair: Julianne Montes de Oca, J.D. '13
Outreach Chair: Lauren Lake, J.D. '16
Career Development Chair: Kristen Mack, J.D. '17
Pooja Amin, J.D. '07
Melissa Brown Heifetz, J.D. '97
Helen Clark, J.D. '11
Anthony Fadel, J.D. '16
Alana Glover, J.D. '20
Michael Goldstein, J.D. '09
Jill Green, J.D. '94
Allen Honick, J.D. '16
Ryan Knopp, J.D. '17
Christopher Moschkin, J.D. '14
Russell Radziak, J.D. '15
Emily Rogers, J.D. '12
Clarence Snodgrass, J.D. '13