Fast Facts About the University of Baltimore School of Law
- The School of Law was founded in 1925 as a part of the then-private, nonprofit University of Baltimore, with the first class of 38 students receiving their diplomas in 1928. On Jan. 1, 1975, the University of Baltimore became a public institution when it joined the State of Maryland's system for public higher education.
ABA Required Disclosures
Apply to the UB School of Law
Directions to campus
Financial aid and scholarships
Transfer to the UB School of Law
Tuition and fees
- The School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association and the Association of American Law Schools.
- In May 2013, the School of Law moved into the John and Frances Angelos Law Center, which offers more than 190,000 square feet and is among the most environmentally sustainable academic buildings in the nation, with a rating of LEED Platinum from the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The UB School of Law offers a J.D. program, as well as three post-J.D.graduate programs: an LL.M. in the Law of the United States, a Graduate Tax Program and a Certificate in Estate Planning.
- The Law Career Development Office offers a full range of innovative career services to students and alumni, including career advising and job-search assistance. It also provides professional development education, programs and resources; connects employers with students and alumni through externship programs, career fairs and hiring programs; and coordinates and facilitates pro bono experiences.
- Faculty at the UB School of Law are accomplished leaders in their areas of law and contribute to the development of legal theory and practice through publications, presentations and participation at national and international conferences.
- The UB School of Law each year provides students the opportunity to participate in a broad range of clinical programs and externships. These programs provide day and evening students an array of experiential learning opportunities as licensed student-attorneys (clinics) and as closely supervised law clerks (externships).