Professionalism. Innovation. Passion for Service.
The Law Career Development Office is here to help you define your goals and achieve them.
We concentrate on providing:
- Career education on the wide range of available professional opportunities;
- Job search assistance including resume and cover letter preparation, mock interviews, and employer information;
- Programming on practice area exploration, professional development, informational interviewing and job search strategies, as well as resume and cover letter drafting;
- Externship programs that develop your skills and relationships in legal workplaces;
- Hiring programs and career fairs that connect you with law firms, public interest organizations and government agencies;
- A comprehensive online job board via UB Law Connect;
- Networking opportunities with alumni and employers; and
- Career planning resources.
Quick Job Search Links for Students
- View Current Jobs on UB Law Connect
- OSCAR (federal judicial clerkship hiring)
- Arizona Government Honors Handbook (federal legal hiring; email us for the password)
- Arizona Public Policy Handbook (email us for the password)
- USAJobs.gov (federal hiring)
- PSJD (public interest legal jobs)
- Martindale (directory of lawyers and law firms)
- Super Lawyers (directory of lawyers and law firms)
Quick Career Resources Links for Students
- Externship Program
- Practice Area Guides
- Career Planning Handbook (as a Word document)
- 2L/3L Resume Guide
Quick Links for Employers
The University of Baltimore (“UBalt”) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, pregnancy, ethnicity, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military status, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs and activities, including admissions and employment practices. For inquiries related to UBalt’s Title IX policies, including how to file a complaint, please see Sexual Harassment and Other Sexual Misconduct - University of Baltimore (ubalt.edu). For inquiries related to UBalt’s other non-discrimination policies, including how to file a complaint against students or employees, please see Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedures – Student Respondents and Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedures - Employee Respondents.
Check the UB calendar for upcoming events.