Clarify your goals. Connect with alumni and employers. Gain meaningful experience.
The Law Career Development Office is committed to providing superior service to all students, and we endeavor to make the career development process as stress-free and productive as possible.
We concentrate primarily on providing:
- Experienced advisors who can educate you on the wide range of available opportunities, and provide insight and suggestions to help you develop an effective career development plan. They can also provide assistance with resume and cover letter preparation, conduct a mock interview, and provide current market and employer information.
- Educational programming covering a variety of topics, including practice area exploration, professional development, networking and informational interviewing, federal hiring practices, and resume and cover letter workshops.
- Externship programs that develop your professional skills.
- Hiring programs and career fairs that connect you with law firms, government agencies and public interest organizations.
- A comprehensive online job board.
- Exposure to a wide variety of alumni and employers.
- Access to the best career development and planning resources.
- Timely communications about job opportunities and application deadlines, events, helpful advice and market information.