Stand out from the crowd. Earn a Certificate in Professionalism.
The Legal Professional Development Institute (LPDI) is a co-curricular program that offers you the opportunity to receive professional skills training from attorneys, and earn a Certificate in Professionalism.
Professionalism Certificate Requirements:
LEGAL PROFESSIONAL SKILLS SERIES
PROGRAM SCHEDULE FOR 2013-2014
All programs are 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 12
Future Thinking: The Art of Developing a Career Plan
Jason L. Groves, Esq., Executive V.P. & General Counsel, Medifast
Thursday, Sept. 26
The Business of Law
Steven Manekin, C.P.A., Director, Ellin & Tucker, Chtd.
Thursday, Oct. 10
Social Media & Professional Branding
Sean Carton, Director, Center for Digital Communication, Commerce, and Culture
Thursday, Oct. 24
Time & Project Management
Matthew P. Kraeuter, Esq., Associate, Saul Ewing
Thursday, Nov. 7
Professionalism Standards for Bar Admission and Beyond
Monise A. Brown, Esq., Executive Director, Maryland Professionalism Center
Jeffrey C. Shipley, Esq., Secretary, State Board of Law Examiners
Glenn M. Grossman, Esq., Bar Counsel, Attorney Grievance Commission
Tuesday, Nov. 12
M. Eve Hanan, Esq., Clinic Fellow, Mediation Clinic for Families
Thursday, Feb. 20
Networking & Relationship Building
Jason Wasserman, Esq., Member, Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin & White
Anna Z. Skelton, Esq., Associate, Silverman, Thompson, Slutkin & White
Thursday, March 13
Leadership for Lawyers
Thiruvendran Vignarajah, Esq., Division Chief, Major Investigations Unit, Office of the State's Attorney for Baltimore City
Thursday, March 27
Business & Financial Skills for Lawyers
David Daneman, Esq., Partner, Whiteford, Taylor & Preston
- Perform twenty hours of pro bono service, as part of the Pro Bono Challenge.
- Attend eight Legal Professional Skills Series programs.
- Attend ten additional programs from Career Skills Series, Career Choices Series and/or Wellness Series.
- Attend one LCDO sponsored networking event.
- Attend one approved bar association, Inns of Court, and other legal professional association meeting or event off-campus.
- Complete two informational interviews with alumni off-campus.
How to Participate:
- Complete LPDI registration form.
- Then keep track your pro bono service and skills training in Symplicity.
- When you have completed your requirements, submit your completed checklist and application to Alyson Todd, and receive your Certificate in Professionalism!