Are you looking to practice law? You're looking for UB.
Character and Fitness Questions
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction.
Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting that jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners website.
At the UB School of Law, you can earn one of several degrees: a juris doctor (J.D.), a master of laws in taxation or a master of laws in the Law of the United States (LOTUS). The School of Law also offers a certificate in estate planning and a post-J.D. certificate in family law.
- J.D. Program
- LL.M in Taxation
- LL.M. LOTUS
- Certificate in Estate Planning
- Post-J.D. Certificate in Family Law
In addition, the School of Law also offers the following dual-degree programs:
- Master in Business Administration (J.D./MBA) with the Merrick School of Business
- Master in Negotiations and Conflict Management (J.D./M.S.) with the College of Public Affairs
- Public Administration (J.D./M.P.A.) with the College of Public Affairs
- Criminal Justice (J.D./M.S.) with the College of Public Affairs
- Public Policy (J.D./M.P.P. or Ph.D. in Public Policy) with UMBC's graduate school
Regardless of the type of law you want to study, you'll find the degree you're looking for at UB.