The University of Baltimore School of Law's innovative LL.M. program focusing on the Law of the United States provides an ideal opportunity for foreign-trained lawyers to study at our leading Center for International and Comparative Law.
Upon migrating from London to the US, the LL.M Program at UB provided me with all the right tools to pursue my legal career. The faculty and staff were very knowledgeable of the process in which would help my career transition from the UK to the US with minimal difficulties. With the help and support from the Law Career Development Office, I was even able to secure an internship position at a local well-known law firm, whilst working on my LL.M. Since completing my LL.M, I am now a DC and MD licensed attorney, working for a national law firm headquartered in Columbia, Maryland. Thank you UB, School of Law for helping ease my career transition to the United States!
- Shavina Kumar Mukesh, Esq.
Class of 2010
- Tuition is highly competitive ($22K), which is half the price of LL.M. programs in Washington, D.C. ($22,000 is for full-time students; part-time students will be charged by the credit hour).
- Graduates are eligible to sit for several bar exams, including Maryland, New York, Washington, D.C,, California and Tennessee.
- Students receive a top-notch education in our new, world-class building, the John and Frances Angelos Law Center.
- Our proximity to Washington, D.C., is ideal -- we are only a short and inexpensive ($8/one way) train ride away!
- All credits can transfer into the J.D. program -- complete the J.D. in just two years after you complete the LL.M.!
We have designed the LOTUS program specifically for foreign-educated attorneys who want a comprehensive overview of the American legal system. We have welcomed students from all over the world, from countries including Nigeria, Cameroon, China, the Philippines, Germany, Italy, Romania, the UK, Russia, Saudi Arabia, India, Bangladesh, El Salvador, Peru and Brazil. Meet a few of our LL.M. students here.
Our program offers a great degree of flexibility. LL.M. LOTUS candidates may choose to complete the program in one full-time academic year of coursework, or they may complete it in two years on a part-time basis. Our LL.M. LOTUS students create their own program of study by choosing either the U.S. Practice track, a broad survey of courses that provide the foundation of American legal concepts, or the Elective Concentrations track, which allows students to tailor their studies based on their area of interest. Students will work closely with LL.M. LOTUS faculty and staff to ensure that their academic and professional goals are met.
The School of Law is fully accredited by the American Bar Association, the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission.Tweets by @LLM_LOTUS_UBalt