What the center offers for current students:
- In the Spring 2012 semester, the Center will offer its first course: Special Topics in Applied Feminism. This course will be team taught by numerous school of law faculty and will cover a range of subjects.
- The Center coordinates with the Career Development Office to serve as a career and internship advising resource career for students interested in working on gender issues in the legal and legislative arenas.
- The Center sponsors an advanced clinical course in legislation for students who have previously taken the Civil Advocacy or Family Law in-house clinics at the law school. Students will work on legislation focusing on gender issues in the State of Maryland.
- The Center is undertaking an initiative to address issues relating to gender in law school for law students and to support efforts by academic advising to ensure student success.
- The Center connects with the Center for International and Comparative Law and international law students in our LL.M. program to engage in dialogues about international and human rights issues relating to gender around the world.
- The Center supports recruiting efforts by the Admissions Office for students interested in gender studies and invites prospective students to Center events.
- The Center ensures faculty advising for student organizations interested in issues relating to gender.
- The Center ensures faculty advising for Advanced Legal Research papers by students writing on gender issues.
Bilingual DV/Family Law Attorney, Ayuda
Managing Attorney, FreeState Legal Project, Inc.
Health Care Reform Project Staff Attorney, The Drug Policy and Public Health Strategies Clinic at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Executive Director of the DC Rape Crisis Center, DC Coalition
Program Coordinator for the Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL) at Rutgers University.
2013 ABA Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence Law Student Writing Competition
2013 Guide to Internships & Fellowships in Reproductive Rights & Justice
Jerome N. Frank Legal Services Organization 2013 Summer Fellowship at Yale Law School
2013 Bergstrom Child Welfare Law Summer Fellowship Training
Deputy Director of Legal Services at FreeState Legal Project, INC.
Summer Fellow positions at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau
Director of the Washington, DC/ Baltimore, MD Area Office - Thirih Justice Center
Program Manager, Health Equity Department, Families USA
Legal Service Attorney, Domestic Violence Services, Bread for the City
2012 ABA Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence Law Student Writing Competition