Recruitment and Selection Process
- The CHHSP program selects 10 undergraduate freshmen and sophomores based on demonstrated ability and potential.
- Students in their freshman or sophomore years of college are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership ability and active involvement in their schools and communities. It is not necessary to have prior experience or knowledge in the field of law.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Applicants must submit the following:
Please read the instructions carefully and make sure you answer all required questions fully. CHHSP will only review candidates who complete and submit the application form, two essays, a recommendation form and an official undergraduate transcript.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that CHHSP receives all requested materials.
- All application materials must be submitted.
- Invited scholars will be notified.
- If selected, you must confirm your participation.
Submit your application one of the following ways:
University of Baltimore School of Law
Charles Hamilton Houston Scholars Program
Attn: Mark Bell
1420 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201