Recruitment and Selection Process
- The CHHSP program selects 10 undergraduate freshmen and sophomores based on demonstrated ability and potential.
- Students in their freshman or sophomore years of college are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership ability and active involvement in their schools and communities. It is not necessary to have prior experience or knowledge in the field of law.
- Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Applicants must submit the following:
- A program application
- An official undergraduate transcript
- A personal essay addressing goals and reasons for attending this program
- A letter of recommendation from an undergraduate professor or adviser
- An academic recommendation form
Please read the instructions carefully and make sure you answer all required questions fully. CHHSP will only review candidates who complete and submit the application form, two essays, a recommendation form and an official undergraduate transcript.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that CHHSP receives all requested materials.
- All application materials must be submitted.
- Invited scholars will be notified.
- If selected, you must confirm your participation.
Submit your application one of the following ways:
University of Baltimore School of Law
Charles Hamilton Houston Scholars Program
Attn: Mark Bell
1420 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201