The UBSL Law School Preparation Program helps students build strategies to score higher on the LSAT. It is open to Bowie State, Coppin State, Morgan State, and UMES students and graduates.
APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
Create a LSAC account and apply for a the LSAC/LSAT fee waiver
Register for the June 2013 LSAT
There is a $100 course fee that must be paid to the University of Baltimore by December 15, 2012.
- Essay 1: What is your main interest or purpose in pursuing a law degree? (Limit: 100 words)
- Essay 2: What are your expectations regarding the commitment that you will have to make to succeed in the Baltimore Scholars Program? In responding please:
a) Describe what challenge[s] you anticipate you will need to overcome to be able to fully participate
b) Explain how you plan to overcome them
c) Describe a specific example of a time when you had to overcome challenges to meet an important goal. (Limit: 400 words)
- LSAC Account: $155
- LSAT Registration $160
- Course fee: $100
Total Course fees: $415 if you do not qualify for the fee waiver
Twenty students from each HBCU campus are selected to enroll in this comprehensive Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) preparation class.
The course runs during the 16 week spring semester on each HBCU campus. The course is designed and taught by the Princeton Review.
This program requires serious time management and study during the spring semester.
- Classes meet in the evening twice a week for 3.5 hours each meeting.
- Six 3.5 hour practice tests are given on Saturdays during the semester.
- Four to six hours of independent study are needed each week.
To participate in the program, you must commit to taking the June LSAT.
- You must commit to taking and register for the June LSAT
- You must commit to attending all course lectures, performing all course assignments, and spending additional hours each week on independent LSAT preparation
- Applicants with at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA are preferred.
Law School Admission Council (LSAC) and Law School Admission Test (LSAT)Requirements
- Participation in the program requires a commitment to take the June LSAT.
- All participants MUST register for the June LSAT by January 2013. No one will be permitted to attend class without a copy of their registration confirmation.
- You must create an account with LSAC in order to register for the LSAT.
- You should apply for a fee waiver of the registration and test fee.
- The LSAT and the CAS (Credential Assembly Service) each require a fee. The fee for the LSAT is $160. The fee for CAS is $155