Baltimore Scholars learn how to succeed in law school
Eight Baltimore Scholars are selected from Maryland HBCU's for the program during their junior and senior year of college. Scholars who successfully complete the program obtain 3 academic credits and register for the program as part of their spring course enrollment.
APPLY FOR THE PROGRAM
The application process begins September 15th.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR BALTIMORE SCHOLARS IS EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 1
- Complete the online application form
- Download and complete the 2013 Baltimore Scholars Application and Application Requirements
- Submit required documents to:
Baltimore Scholars Program
University of Baltimore School of Law
1420 N Charles Street
Baltimore MD 21201
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all undergraduate schools
- Letter of Recommendation from HBCU faculty or employer
What is your main interest or purpose in pursuing a law degree? (Limit: 100 words)
What are your expectations regarding the commitment that you will have to make to succeed in the Baltimore Scholars Program?
In responding please a) Describe what challenge[s] you anticipate you will need to overcome to be able to fully participate, b) Explain how you plan to overcome them, and c) Describe a specific example of a time when you had to overcome challenges to meet an important goal. (Limit: 400 words)
- Register for the June 2013 LSAT
- Apply for LSAC/LSAT fee waiver
Scholars will be notified during the second week in November
All Scholar's fees and LSAC expenses are covered by the program.
Scholars receive a full tuition law school scholarship to the University of Baltimore School of Law if they:
- Successfully complete the Baltimore Scholars Program
- Maintain a cumulative 3.50 or higher undergraduate gpa
- Score 152 or higher on the LSAT
- Are admitted to the University of Baltimore School of Law