The Fannie Angelos Program
We find talent, provide a path to success
and watch diversity flourish
Kellye Beathea, J.D. ’15; B.S. Bowie State 2012
On Being a Fannie Angelos Scholar
The Fannie Angelos Program is a revolutionary collaboration between the UB School of Law and Maryland’s four historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs). The Program is designed to identify talented students, help them gain admittance to law school, support them so that they excel in law school, and help them find jobs upon graduation.
- Pretrial Justice Clinic at UB Law
- Best Oral Advocate, 2016 Regional Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition, 2nd Place in Nationals
- Moot Court Board, President 2016-2017, Vice President 2015-2016
- Black Law Students Association Vice President, Director of Public Relations 2015-2016
- 2016 Law Clerk, Law Offices of Debra Thomas
- 2014-16, Law Clerk, Segal McCambridge Singer & Mahoney
- 2015 Summer Law Clerk, Office of the Public Defender, Maryland
Want to be a part of this program?
Angelos Scholars Program:
LSAT Award Program:
There are two components to the Program:
We select 8 juniors and seniors from Maryland HBCUs as Scholars who have the opportunity to earn a full tuition scholarship to attend the UB School of Law.
We give 80 students, including the 8 Scholars, a $1,399 LSAT award to take a 19-week Law School Admission Test (LSAT) preparation class during spring semester.