The University of Baltimore School of Law offers three degree programs and a Certificate in Estate Planning:
Character and Fitness Questions
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners website.
Apply to the J.D. Program
Apply to the LL.M. in Taxation
Apply to the LL.M. Law of the U.S.-LOTUS
Apply to the Certificate in Estate Planning
Applicants holding a J.D. may apply as a nondegree-seeking student.
The School of Law also offers Masters/J.D. dual-degree programs:
- Master in Business Administration (J.D./M.B.A.) with the Merrick School of Business
- Master in Negotiations and Conflict Management (J.D./M.S.) with the College of Public Affairs
- Public Administration (J.D./M.P.A.
) with the College of Public Affairs
- Criminal Justice (J.D./M.S.) with the Yale Gordon College of Arts and Sciences
- Public Policy (J.D./Ph.D) with UMBC's graduate school
UB undergraduate pre-law students may be eligible for early-admit or auto-admit programs.
A Maryland residency determination for admission and tuition will be made by the Office of Law Admissions.