Earn your LL.M. in the Law of the United States at UB
The University of Baltimore School of Law admits students to the LL.M. LOTUS program on a rolling basis, but new students begin in the fall semester. Applications are accepted year-round for a mid-August matriculation, but applicants are advised to apply early enough to complete any visa and language-testing requirements. Applications may be submitted online or via mail.Only complete applications can be considered.
Orientation for enrolled students typically begins in mid- August; classes start at the end of August.
- Please follow all instructions carefully.
- All materials must be submitted in English.
There are TWO WAYS to apply.
1. Visit the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) -- a clearing house for law admissions -- and take the following actions:
a. Complete the online application via LSAC.
b. Upload to LSAC your Statement of Purpose (500-word maximum), indicating why you are seeking your LL.M.
c. Send all your transcripts to LSAC. (If applicable, send an English translation of an official transcript for each college or university you attended.)
d. (Optional) Send letters of recommendation (at least 2) to LSAC. (You may instead send letters of recommendation directly to UB.)
e. If you obtained your first law degree in a language other than English, arrange to send a TOEFL or IELTS score directly from the testing company to LSAC. If you obtained your first law degree in English, request a test waiver from James Simermeyer at email@example.com.
f. Pay the application fee of $65 (sixty-five U.S. dollars) online through LSAC. To request a fee waiver, contact James Simermeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Send the following to the School of Law (UB School of Law Office of LL.M. LOTUS Admissions, 1420 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21201-5779 OR via email to LLMAdmissions@ubalt.edu)
- Completed application, including LSAC account number, resume, and personal statement.
- Statement of purpose (500-word maximum) indicating why you are seeking your L.L.M.;
- Application fee of $65 via check or money order. If requesting a fee waiver, please contact Mark Bell at email@example.com
- All your transcripts (if applicable, send an English translation of an official transcript for each college or university you attended);
Proof of English proficiency. If you obtained your first law degree in a language other than English, send a TOEFL or IELTS score. If you obtained your first law degree in English, request a test waiver from James Simermeyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes (at least 2).
o Admitted students who require a student visa to participate in the program must contact the International Services Office of the University of Baltimore to seek necessary documentation so that they can enter the United States on the proper visa before the mandatory LL.M. LOTUS orientation in August.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for questions about tuition, program plan, English proficiency and common application questions.