Earn your LL.M. in the Law of the United States (LOTUS)
The University of Baltimore School of Law's innovative LL.M. program focusing on the Law of the United States for foreign-trained lawyers provides a great career opportunity in a flexible environment. Graduates meet the eligibility requirements to sit for several bar exams, including Maryland, New York and Washington, D.C.
- Students create their own program of study, choosing either the U.S. Practice track, that satisfies eligibility requirements to sit for several state bar exams, or the Elective Concentrations track, where students can tailor their studies to their area of interest.
- All classes are offered in the evenings or Saturdays to accommodate busy professional schedules.
- Available for full time or part time students - LL.M. LOTUS candidates may choose to complete the program in one full-time academic year of coursework, or they may complete it in two or more years on a part-time basis.
- Tuition is highly competitive $25K for full time students, half the price of comparable LL.M. programs in Washington, D.C. Part-time students will be charged by the credit hour.
- Classes available online with synchronous learning that allows students and professors to interact during lectures and improve the learning experience.
- The world class faculty and staff work closely with students to access the resources at our leading Center for International and Comparative Law to ensure that their academic and professional goals are met.
- Graduates who earn a 3.25 GPA receive automatic admission to our J.D. program and can earn a JD in just two years after completion of the LL.M.
Located in Baltimore City, the LL.M LOTUS program is housed in the John and Frances Angelos Law Center, a world-class, LEED Platinum-certified building. Our campus is conveniently located next to Penn Station, which allows students convenient access to the affordable and efficient MARC train system. This central location allows superb access for students residing, or seeking opportunities in Washington, D.C.
Our students have come from all over the world including:
- El Salvador
- the Philippines
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- the UK
The Office of Admissions
The School of Law is approved by the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, Ill. 60654; phone: 312.988.6738. It is fully accredited by the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
About the LL.M. Program
For Current LL.M Students