Earn your LL.M. in the Law of the United States (LOTUS)
The University of Baltimore School of Law's innovative LL.M. program focusing on the Law of the United States provides an ideal opportunity for foreign-trained lawyers to study at our leading Center for International and Comparative Law.
We have designed the LOTUS program specifically for foreign-educated attorneys who want a comprehensive overview of the American legal system. Our students have come from all over the world: Australia, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Egypt, El Salvador, France, Germany, Ghana, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Mali, Nigeria, Peru, the Philippines, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Tanzania and the UK.
Our program offers a great degree of flexibility. LL.M. LOTUS candidates may choose to complete the program in one full-time academic year of coursework, or they may complete it in two years on a part-time basis. Our LL.M. LOTUS students create their own program of study by choosing either the U.S. Practice track, a broad survey of courses that provide the foundation of American legal concepts, or the Elective Concentrations track, which allows students to tailor their studies based on their area of interest. Students will work closely with LL.M. LOTUS faculty and staff to ensure that their academic and professional goals are met.
- Tuition is highly competitive ($22K), which is half the price of LL.M. programs in Washington, D.C. (NOTE: $22,000 is for full-time students; part-time students will be charged by the credit hour).
- Graduates are eligible to sit for several bar exams, including Maryland, New York and Washington, D.C.
- Students receive a top-notch education in our new, world-class building, the John and Frances Angelos Law Center.
- We are only a short and inexpensive train ride from Washington, D.C.
- Credits can transfer into the J.D. program -- complete the J.D. in just two years after you complete the LL.M.! (Automatic admission to the J.D. program available with a 3.0 GPA in the LL.M. LOTUS program)
- The School of Law is fully accredited by the American Bar Association, the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland and the Maryland Higher Education Commission.